South Church Food Ministry
John Mendeke - April 27, 2015
Frequently Anna and I get asked this question:
"What’s this Food Ministry all about?"
- Does it help those who are so home bound they can't shop for themselves?
- Is it for sharing one's surplus garden produce with church family?
- Can I take a bag of goods to a neighbor who is unemployed or too sick to work?
- My work associate is a single mom, could I help her with some groceries?
- I want to talk to a friend about Jesus, can I share some extra food with him or her as an act of love and share the Good News with them?
- My pantry has stuff we never use, could I contribute that?
- I know of someone within South Church who is really hurting but is too proud to ask, should I bring them some food and pray with them?
And so on ...
So to answer the question: Yes, Yes, and Yes. It’s all about Jesus and His commandment in Matthew 22.39:
You shall Love your neighbor as yourself.
Sharing God’s blessings with our church family and reaching out to those outside our fellowship in the love of Jesus... That's what this Food Ministry is all about.
It is in giving that we receive.
Thanks to all for your participation in the Food Ministry of South Church. God's good blessing on each of you.